Terms and Conditions – STORE
- There is no direct ordering system on this website.
- All orders must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please give your full name, contact telephone number and physical shipping address. List all the items you would like to order, as well as quantities.
- If an item is out of stock, it may take several weeks before an order will be ready to ship.
- An email quotation (to your preferred email address) will be supplied regarding the cost of any order, including all shipping costs, if applicable.
- Email notification will also be given to customers of the estimated time it will take to process and deliver an order.
- Once satisfied with the terms and costs of an order, acceptance of any order must be given by customers to Petrichor Studio via email.
- Payment for an order must be made as per Payments section listed below.
- Once payment has been made, the specific designer/artist will undertake the processing of the order.
- Petrichor Studio will email updates to customers regarding orders when appropriate, such as for out of stock situations.
- Please state the order number in the email subject line when contacting Petrichor Studio regarding current orders.
- All payments to Petrichor Studio Store will be made using PayFast, which utilizes Instant EFT and accepts Mastercard and Visa credit cards. The other payment method supported by PayFast is ukash. Instant EFT payments are bank transfers to any of SA's four biggest banks that are instantly verified.
- PayFast offers secure online payment processing for South Africa. Customers can shop online with confidence, knowing they won't have to disclose their financial information.
- PayFast will send a Request Money email to customers with details on how to pay Petrichor Studio.
- Customers do not pay any fees to use PayFast.
- PayFast will send a notification to Petrichor Studio when any payment is received by them from customers purchasing from Petrichor Studio store.
- Further info can be found on the PayFast website https://www.payfast.co.za
Petrichor Studio wishes you a very pleasant shopping experience. However, if you are not entirely satisfied with any item, you may return or exchange a product , if it is still in its original condition, and you abide by the returns and exchanges policy. Please note that plants and seeds cannot be returned or exchanged.
Returns and Exchanges
- There is a 5 day time frame to request a refund or exchange but please note that shipping costs will not be covered for returns.
- Please bear in mind that products are shipped by the original designer/artist, who will endeavour to make sure items do not arrive damaged and will take great care in the packing and shipment of your order.
No returns will be accepted and no refunds given unless the following criteria are strictly adhered to:
- Petrichor Studio is contacted via email before shipping item/s back directly to the designer/artist. The original designer/artist will then be notified by Petrichor Studio, before return of item/s by the customer.
- The customer will then be requested by email to return item/s, and given specific written instructions regarding the required process of return/exchange of item/s.
- The item/s must be in the original condition in which they were dispatched to the customer.
Terms and Conditions – INTERIOR and GARDEN DESIGN
Please contact Petrichor Studio directly for all information regarding specific Consultation Fees as these may change or vary from time to time, and are therefore not included below.
- The first hour of a Design Consultation is FREE within a 25 km radius of Port Elizabeth, if the client goes ahead with commissioning Petrichor Studio’s design services for a project.
- For consultations booked outside this area, a travel surcharge will be invoiced, payment of which must be received prior to the appointment day. This surcharge is calculated on the distance travelled.
- On acceptance of any design services, and booking a second consultation to finalise your requirements, 50% of the design fee must be paid before work commences on any design concepts.
- The balance of the design fee will be due on the presentation to you of the final design/s. Final design/s may include drawings, sample boards, 3D imagery, product samples – paint, fabric, tiles etc. Final design/s and sample/s will remain the property of Petrichor Studio until the balance of payment has been received in full.
- Any amendments to the design brief or design by the client will be charged at an hourly rate.
- Alternatively, interior design services can be employed on an hourly basis if agreed by Petrichor Studio in writing. All interior and garden designs, consultancy, research, visits to specialist suppliers, studio time, collection and deliveries will be charged on an hourly basis.
Costings and Estimates
- To obtain estimates from contractors and/or specialist designers and suppliers i.e. kitchen designers, curtain makers, site visits will be accompanied and charged at an hourly rate.
Supply of Materials
- The fee for arranging the supply and delivery of materials specified in the final design is 15% of the total cost of the goods.
- The supply fee and total cost of all goods must be paid in full prior to orders being placed.
- Petrichor Studio reserves the right to remove all goods supplied to the client, if full payment is not received timeously by Petrichor Studio.
- The Project Management fee is 15% of the total build/project cost unless otherwise agreed in writing between the parties.
- 50% of the project management fee and 50% of the labour costs for the project must be received prior to any works commencing.
- Any additional amendments to the agreed design, or extra labour and materials requested by the client after work has started, must be paid in full, with a written instruction.
- The balance of the Project Management fee and Labour costs are payable on the day of completion.
- Any outstanding fees or costs will incur additional charges of 2.5% per month.
- Only bank guaranteed cheques, cash and EFT payments will be accepted. Proof of payment must be supplied by email or fax. PayFast is the other accepted method of payment.
- All outstanding payments will incur additional interest charges of 2.5% per month.
Terms and Conditions – WEBSITE
Use of the Website
By accessing this website, you warrant and represent to Petrichor Studio that you are legally entitled to do so and to make use of information made available via the website.
Petrichor Studio makes no warranties, representations, statements or guarantees (whether express, implied in law or residual) regarding the website.
External links may be provided for your convenience, but they are beyond the control of Petrichor Studio and no representation is made as to their content. Use or reliance on any external links and the content thereon provided is at your own risk.
The trademarks, names, logos and service marks (collectively "trademarks") displayed on this website are registered and unregistered trademarks of Petrichor Studio. Nothing contained on this website should be construed as granting any license or right to use any trademark without the prior written permission of the website owner.
Disclaimer of liability
Petrichor Studio shall not be responsible for and disclaims all liability for any loss, liability, damage (whether direct, indirect or consequential), personal injury or expense of any nature whatsoever which may be suffered by you or any third party (including your company), as a result of or which may be attributable, directly or indirectly, to your access and use of the website, any information contained on the website, you or your company’s personal information or material and information transmitted over our system. In particular, neither Petrichor Studio nor any third party or data or content provider shall be liable in any way to you or to any other person, firm or corporation whatsoever for any loss, liability, damage (whether direct or consequential), personal injury or expense of any nature whatsoever arising from any delays, inaccuracies, errors in, or omission of any information or the transmission thereof, or for any actions taken in reliance thereon or occasioned thereby or by reason of non-performance or interruption, or termination thereof.
Any provision of any relevant terms and conditions, policies and notices, which is or becomes unenforceable in any jurisdiction, whether due to being void, invalidity, illegality, unlawfulness or for any reason whatever, shall, in such jurisdiction only and only to the extent that it is so unenforceable, be treated as void and the remaining provisions of any relevant terms and conditions, policies and notices shall remain in full force and effect.
Conflict of terms
If there is a conflict or contradiction between the provisions of these website terms and conditions and any other relevant terms and conditions, policies or notices, the other relevant terms and conditions, policies or notices which relate specifically to a particular section or module of the website shall prevail in respect of your use of the relevant section or module of the website.
Use of this website shall in all respects be governed by the laws of The Republic of South Africa, regardless of the laws that might be applicable under principles of conflicts of law. The parties agree that law courts of The Republic of South Africa shall have exclusive jurisdiction over all controversies arising under this agreement and agree that such venue is proper in those courts.
We ask for your name, telephone number, home address, email address, and delivery address when you want to make a purchase on our Website.
We will not disclose, sell or rent your personal information to third parties without your consent unless we are compelled to do so by law. We may do so if you have granted consent thereto.
We may also obtain information about your usage of the Website for reasons we will communicate to you.
We cannot guarantee the absolute security of any information you exchange with us. We will, however, take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information.
We may also email you information about products and details of promotions and special offers from time to time. If you do not wish to be contacted for these purposes, you may contact Petrichor Studio to be removed from any mailing list.